Thursday, November 4, 2010

Week 9 - Screencasting

http://screencast.com/t/CNU9qsm2C

This video is an oral demonstration of colors in Spanish.  It can be used as oral practice for students who are just learning the basics, such as in a 7th grade 9-week rotation.  After introducing the words to the class, I would have each of the students listen to the video and repeat the vocabulary words outloud.  This way, they could hear it anytime even when I am not available to help them practice.  I would have it on a classroom blog that would be accessible to the class.  
I see many possibilities for screencasting.  At first, I was so frustrated.  I went to Jinx and watched the videos and I downloaded the stuff I thought I had to download.  I still couldn't find my "SUN"!!!   But then as I was downloading for the second time, I found that I hadn't installed Jinx onto my computer.  After that, it became easier with lots of practice!  There are things I would continue to improve and edit on the video to make it more manageable and practical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment